Division 1, 2, 3, 4, Junior Varsity, Boys & Girls
19.2 Regulations for Playing Area
The gymnasium to be used for a Provincial Basketball Final to be left to the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Championship Banner to winning school.
- NSSAF Gold Medallion to members of championship team and coach (maximum 18).
- NSSAF Silver Medallion to members of runner-up team and coach (maximum 18).
- NSSAF Bronze Medallion to members of third place team and coach (maximum 18).
19.4 Type of Final
- Single Elimination Consolation Tournament.
In NSSAF Championship Tournaments where teams are seeded, the higher seed shall be designated Home Team throughout the tournament.
- Junior Varsity – TBA
19.5 Rules of Play – FIBA with the following modifications:
- The shot clock shall be 24 seconds for Senior and Junior High/Middle Schools.
- The time between periods shall be one minute.
- Half-time shall be 10 minutes.
- The maximum number of players shall be fifteen (15).
- The recommended playing time for Junior High/Middle School competition shall be 8 min. quarters.
- Shot clocks shall be mandatory for all Provincial Championships.
- If schools cannot agree on the game ball, the Spalding TF1000 series will be used.
- Dunking is not permitted during the warm up.
19.6. Third year Student-Athletes are now permitted to participate in all NSSAF sanctioned JV basketball contests.
19.7 Team members are not to change into game uniforms on the court/sidelines. They must change in a locker room.